Roberto E. Campo
* The poetry of the Pléiade (especially the works of Pierre de Ronsard, Pontus de Tyard, and Remy Belleau)
*The poetic and aesthetic theory of antiquity and
the Renaissance (especially the relations between the verbal and visual arts)
*Early modern French "Orientalism"
* Literary representations of the French identity: the "gaillard spirit"
* Laughter theory (ancient through modern)
* Early modern French literary inscriptions of catastrophe
* Early modern French funerary literature