Tim Van Hooser
- UNCP Author/Contributor (non-UNCP co-authors, if there are any, appear on document)
- Mr. Michael Alewine, Outreach/Distance Education Librarian (Creator)
- The University of North Carolina at Pembroke (UNCP )
- Web Site: http://www.uncp.edu/academics/library
Abstract: If you work long enough anywhere, you will see people come and go, and it seems such a natural and organic process. But this is so very different. On April 19, 2009, we received the call that our friend and colleague, Timothy Lee "Tim" Van Hooser, had died suddenly at his home in Maxton. If you knew Tim, then you know what a great loss this is. I have never met anyone that Tim did not get along with or that he would not help out at the drop of a hat. He touched so many people’s lives, and he was a good friend to all.
Tim worked at the Reference Desk of Mary Livermore Library for more than six years providing reference services. He had a great sense of compassion and embodied the strongest service commitment that I have ever witnessed in a library. His charm and wit were tremendous. He told fantastic jokes and laughed at mine, which really are not that funny. He was a giving person in all things. He was also a talented musician and performer.
Tim Van Hooser
PDF (Portable Document Format)
Created on 12/1/2010
- Library Lines vol.18, no.2
- Language: English
- Date: 2009
- Libraries, Library Personnel, Library Staff, Mary Livermore Library