- UNCG Author/Contributor (non-UNCG co-authors, if there are any, appear on document)
- Catherine E. Matthews, Professor (Creator)
- The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG )
- Web Site: http://library.uncg.edu/
Abstract: Although changes are constantly occurring in the world of science, [ouch of what we are asked to teach in middle-level science is tried and true. We tend to work with a variety of packaged products like Chemical Education for Public Understanding Program (CEPUP) kits or Activities integrating Math and Science
( AIMS) activities. Usually these packages well-thought-out lessons that demonstrate specific concepts. I believe, though, that we do a disservice to our students when we spend so much of our time in a prepackaged world and do not give children the opportunity to experience the amazing science of everyday objects.
PDF (Portable Document Format)
Created on 1/1/1998
- Barrett, W., & Matthews, C. (1998). Pocket Science. Science Scope, 21 (5), 39-40.
- Language: English
- Date: 1998
- Science instruction, Middle School, Curriculum